Saturday, August 25, 2012

Make Money Reviewing New Music

I really like slicethepie.com for many reasons. The site offers listeners (referred to as scouts) an incentive to review music. The better the review the more you earn, it's that simple.

There's a place to write your review. When you're finished writing the review you rate the song on a scale of 1-10. On average I receive a range of .06 to .20 per review. I like to write out the review while listening and by the time the song is over my review is written and complete.

Overall, I find that when I have the time for it I can make more money "slicing the pie" than using mTurk or another micro job program.

In any case it's enjoyable; you get paid for listening to music and giving your input. I keep a notepad to make notes of the song that I really enjoyed if they're not listed as Anonymous.

The cash-out minimum is $10, so when I hit the ten dollar mark I cashed out and in about 3 days the money was directed to my PayPal account. The site states that it could possibly take up to 5 days to approve your reviews.

I try to be objective. I won't trash a song just because it's not of my favorite genre. I find it important to comment on a variety of musical aspects: intro, the vocalist, if there are harmonies or backing vocals, lyrics, instruments used, mood and tone, and the overall production.


If you're a music lover it's worth checking it out.
slicethepie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment