Saturday, January 26, 2013

The "Stick To Your Guns" Speech

When you start to try to make money online things can get crazy.
It can lead to distracted thoughts and unplanned brainstorming sessions and drastic revamps to whatever blog or business plan you might have.
This is not necessarily a bad thing and it happens to most of us. The most important part is funnelling that energy into something powerful, rather than a rubber ball of confusion bouncing in your brain. Hence the speech.

Whenever I look for advice I check forums and read what others say to each other. (I'm not a great forum poster; I can usually find the answer I'm looking for by reading the previous posts, maybe that makes me a great forum user.)
People post things like, "Help! I've been doing the right things, but not making any money!" and the responses are very similar. The person asking for help makes a big list of all of the internet marketing tactics and money-making plans that they have employed. The list is usually very long and it does in fact seem that they have done the "correct thing" to make it work. And it just doesn't.

Why?

The repliers always give the same speech: Stick to your guns. Take one of those tried-and-true plans and stick with it.

So, maybe the problem lies within the desire to experiment. Maybe it seems too boring to sit down and plug away at something that isn't getting you rich quick.
I guess it all depends on the person asking the question.

When I find myself jumping from idea to idea I have to pause and reflect on whether or not I already have a good thing going. Build rather than scrap an old plan.

What do you do? Do you prefer the experiment or the stand put method? What do you think garners more success? What makes you happier? Maybe that is the real question.

No comments:

Post a Comment