Saturday, January 19, 2013

Earning with Apps

Last year I started an experiment to earn some money with some iOS apps that pay. Of course, they do not pay big, but it earns me more than playing video games.

Then life happened and I abandoned the test until recently.

Since I recently signed up with Points2Shop I found myself downloading their iPhone app. It's similar to a few other apps I tried, but knowing that each point is a penny feels more progressive than other sites that award "points".

But this brought me back to that previous experiment: apps that pay out.

These "paying apps" exist, but it's hard to find good reviews. Most feedback left on the app store is fantastic because the reviewer is getting paid, or at least they're told they will be compensated if they give a 5 star review.

Some of these apps let you rack up points and then they disappear. Some suspend or terminate your account after you cash out. Some don't even give you the chance to cash out before they delete your account.

Anyway, it's a new-ish ground and there doesn't seem to be a place to find untainted reviews. Right now it's very trial-and-error and you can easily sink a lot of time into something that isn't tried-and-true (like apps which may or may not actually pay you).

So, I'll have a new page up dedicated to some honest reviews of these apps once I've given them a fair testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment